Monday 26 September 2011

Samphire Coast book signing in Holt

Me with Robert Greenfield (right) author of Samphire Coast at The Holt Bookshop

On Saturday I spent the morning in the lovely Norfolk town of Holt at the book signing of Robert Greenfield's first book 'Samphire Coast' which I was lucky to have been asked to illustrate the cover and some b&w chapter inserts. It was the first time we had met in person as the entire project was run via email apart from the initial phone call when Robert introduced himself.

I admit to being a bit nervous and excited at the same time to see the book in print for the first time and to meet Robert.

The Holt Bookshop
The Holt Bookshop is situated in the lovely Appleyard Court and is your typical friendly town bookshop. You instantly felt relaxed walking in and it's a lovely shop to browse. Robert was set up on the left as you walked in - he was obviously enjoying the morning and he was surrounded by the prized copies of his book. I walked up and it was funny as he didn't initially recognise me but when I explained who I was he instantly got up and gave me a handshake and hug. We talked for a while (I was lucky as it was early) and he enthusiastically explained to me that the book is doing really well and that he's hoping to get more reviews on it by the local and national press - apparently he's also getting praise for my illustration work. Robert is a really great chap and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting him, it was just a shame that Michael and Barnaby weren't there as well.

Note: I've heard from Robert since Saturday that the book signing in Holt broke all records for the store and they instantly sold out of their copies at which point Robert had to leave some of his, so they would actually have some in store! If that's not a good enough reason to go and buy a copy yourself then what is?

To find out more about Robert Greenfield the author of Samphire Coast, which features my illustration work go to http://bit.ly/qU70OO

To order your copy of Samphire Coast by Robert Greenfield click here http://amzn.to/oc6DKs

No comments: